Based in Santa Rosa, CA
April 13 2017
Windows PC (Steam/Humble)
Get lost beneath the fog as you’re transported to the mystical wilderness in this mindful and reflective first-person adventure game. Embark on a meaningful journey as an old woman, Ananta, seeking to escape the cycle of reincarnation. Joined by a fox as your companion, together you’ll search to reconcile your traumatic pasts with your present fates. Navigating between two distinct spaces above and below the fog, interact with critters in the wild, find shrines with blessings to unlock new abilities, and search for landmarks along the way. A meditative hike in videogame form, you’ll find yourself reflecting on your past while challenging your personal beliefs and values.
Designed with soul and purpose, The Wild Eternal aims to create a sense of wanderlust while encouraging players to not only form a relationship with Ananta and her story, but with the meditative and foggy environment itself. As players search for answers beneath the fog and delve into a deep and intriguing narrative, they will have to be highly perceptive and rely on their instincts, unsure of what lies ahead. Asking important questions about the meaning of life and death, players will be tasked with evaluating their beliefs as they wander the wilderness in search of answers.
- Explore a mystical wilderness: from clear vistas to the foggy landscape below.
- Navigate a meaningful narrative to uncover your past and answer questions about your present.
- Find ancient artifacts and unlock powerful abilities at hidden shrines.
- Interact with wild, mythical and sometimes dangerous creatures.
- Seek guidance from an outcast demigod and other lost souls.
- Explore a beautifully surreal environment combined with a vibrant and original soundtrack designed to immerse you in gameplay.
Launch Trailer YouTube
Environmental Teaser YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Bit Bash 2016 Offical Selection." Chicago, IL, 13 August, 2016
- "Day of the Devs 2016 Offical Selection." San Francisco, CA, 5 November, 2016
- "The Wild Eternal is simply enchanting. It is unbelievably immersive, incredibly moving, and teaches us all an important lesson in hardship, friendship, and the meanings of life and loss."
- Holly Robinson, Gamespew
- "While at its surface it resembles just another first person, exploratory game with a goal in mind, it's so much more."
- Jessica Chaleff, Geeks Worldwide
- "as one will slowly realize while exploring the spiritual world of The Wild Eternal, the more that they search for meaning, the more likely they’re going to find it. But… finding that meaning will almost always lead to more questions. Play this game; you’ll see what I’m talking about."
- Joel Schanke, The Nerd Stash
- "It is a spellbinding world, one that feels like a painting come to life, spread out before the player in an array of earthy splendor."
- Lori May, The Overpowered Noobs
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Ilsanjo allows for the contents of The Wild Eternal to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from The Wild Eternal is legally & explicitly allowed by Ilsanjo. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.ilsanjo.com/press/sheet.php?p=the_wild_eternal.
Available for free with purchase of the game at store.steampowered.com.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at thewildeternal.com.
Ilsanjo is an interdependent video game studio, featuring the concerted efforts of brothers Casey and Scott Goodrow, with audio design by Jonas Kjellberg. The studio gets its name from a lake the brothers hiked around during early development meetings for The Wild Eternal.
More information on Ilsanjo, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Wild Eternal Credits
Art, design, & writing
Programming & design
Music composition & sound design